Here’s something worth thinking about:
I was just looking at my Kindle library.
Of the 50 most recent books:
- Four were RITA books I didn’t want to read in print. I would not otherwise have bought these books.
- Nine are non-fiction
- Four of the 9 non-fiction titles are Big 6 books, the others are self-pubbed.
- Three are hardbacks in print (all non-fiction). I REALLY wanted to read them and didn’t want a print book. I think I’m done buying hard covers unless they’re for my dad, who won’t read eBooks.
- One of the novels (excluding the 4 RITA books) is a Big Six novel
- Thirty-nine are either self-published or from established ePublishers who charged less than $5.00 for the book.
- Four of the 50 were free. One of them is public domain
- Forty-six were priced at $2.99 or higher
- Six I haven’t read yet.
- Two of the 6 I haven’t read yet I bought today.
- Four of the 6 I haven’t read yet are non-fiction
- Fifty were bought in the last 6 weeks
- Eighteen of the novels were by 3 different authors
- Six of the novels were fails
- Two of the novels were DNF
- Five of the 50 were MAJOR wins for me. All of them were self-pubbed
- forty-seven were good books that I enjoyed reading.
- I am a book whore
- I read a lot of fiction
- I read more non-fiction than I thought
- I am more or less no longer buying Big 6 MMP. Holy CRAP!
- I’ve managed to find a lot of non-Big 6 books I really, really enjoyed
- When I find an author I like, I buy their backlist
Tags: Surprising Things