Things I have been doing:
1. Uploaded A Notorious Ruin for pre-orders at Amazon, iBooks, Google Play, and Kobo. The publication date is September 23, 2014. I’ll post the pre-order links as they come live.
The files are final enough that I would not be totally horrified if they delivered now. They’re missing a couple graphical elements that would spiffy up the file, that’s pretty much it.
Side note: Aside from other proofeading, I ran A Notorious Ruin through an on-line grammar checker that highlighted some typos and points that needed clarification, and the WordPerfect grammar checker that highlighted OTHER typos and points that needed clarification.
Side Side note: Grammar checkers are pretty much useless for actually checking grammar. But they are very good at finding typos or other slips.
Side Side Side note: Next, I will do a visual proof on the iPad (see below) AND have it read back to me.
2. I have started uploading the new covers for Scandal and Indiscreet. That goes along with some updated links and formatting (always tweaking!) They’re live most places, actually.
3. I approved the new cover for Stolen Love and have the final files.
4. Took a look at the new cover for The Spare and asked for a slight tweak.
5. Went back and forth on the main images to use for Passion’s Song and Moonlight. Found a couple more to consider.
6. Contacted my go-to guy for typopgraphy and logos etc about doing some work on a logo and graphical elements to use inside books. Yes, that latter one would be easy. If you aren’t me. But I am me. So.
7. Loaded the proof iBooks file for A Notorious Ruin to the iPad. I find this a very very useful proofreading tool. I’ll also find any formatting glitches, of course.
So, been busy. How about you?