More Birthday Bash!

Today I received copy edits for my October historical Indiscreet so I’ll have to keep this post short.

More birthday bash celebrating going on. Tomorrow is the big day! And speaking of tomorrow, here’s a picture of today’s prize:

Handcrafted glass coasters

These are 4 lovely handmade (not by me!) glass coasters. To have a chance to win these, leave a comment on this post about …. um …. Heh. Answer this question:

You have a million dollars to spend, but you can’t spend it doing good deeds and you can’t put it in a savings account or anything virtuous like that. You must spend it selfishly on yourself. How would you go about spending it?

Usual rules, if you don’t leave me a way to contact you, you must commit to checking back here around May 1, 2009, to see if you won.

Go.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “More Birthday Bash!”

1. limecello says:

Heh. I REALLY want to put the money in a savings account; pay off my student loans. Um… one million? I’d buy my dad a car.
    And then I’d take a trip to Europe. And I’d take one of my close friends with me. She has a lot of money issues – and her life is so tragic.
    Actually… am I allowed to pay off someone *else’s* loans?

Otherwise, since we are talking one million… I’d take a few more friends on trips. New Orleans, Vegas, DC, and New York. 🙂 After the Europe/Rome trip… and the car 😛 I think that’d be 1 mil, right?

2. Y. Bressani says:

Let’s see. Travel to as much of the world as possible. Start in Europe and see how far I can stretch the Euro conversions (gonna make them squeak). After that, go to Oz and visit a couple friends I have there.

Then – depending on how much is left, do more traveling before coming back home.

3. limecello says:

I like Y. Bressani’s answer. And I was feeling virtuous earlier; but I’m going to my default answer of a WORLD TOUR now. And since it’s 1 mil – I’m taking a friend with me. Maybe two 😀

4. Cybercliper says:

I’d buy the largest tract of uninhabited forest land somewhere in (Kentucky, Alabama, North Texas) I could get my hands on. I’d buy people out if inhabited. I’d then go directly to the highest point and build myself a small little cabin with a huge sprawling verandah overlooking the side of the mountain. I’d live happily ever after with just nature, a good book and myself. My idea of heaven on earth!

5. ranearia says:

I would invest into research and awareness on Adolescence Painc Disorder, as I suffer from painc disorder since the age of 16 and although it may not be selfish, it’s a selfish cause on my part as many even doctors, brush off this disorder from being worrywart to school stress.
    Many teens don’t get the help they need until this disorder has process further.

6. Megan Frampton says:

A million dollars? Ooh. First I’d buy books without worrying about the discount or shipping or anything. Then I’d get a beach house, some pricy shoes, a personal trainer, and go to England and Paris with my husband. I’d probably spend more than a mil doing all that, though.

7. Bella G. says:

I would buy a huge new house and put my mother in it.I would buy her a new car-she has never had a new car. I would find the expert in Asperger’s syndrom and hire him to help my child and other in my area that have the same issue. Take my son to Madegascar and wherever strikes his fancy so he could learn about animal.s

8. Kwana says:

Well I’d pay off my house and add on room for myself calling it an office but really it would be an escape room for me. The rest could be for travel and maybe lipo. Selfish enough.

9. Mary says:

To be totally selfish, I’d probably buy every gadget I’ve been drooling over and then head to Europe (I might be nice and take a couple people with me) 🙂

Happy Birthday!

10. M. says:

I’d become ruled by impulse, not doing the sensible or thrifty thing on my round-the-world trip, staying at whatever hotel and eating at whatever restaurant I felt a whim to, without packing a suitcase – just buying whatever necessary at the moment it’s needed.

Oh, and I’d underwrite scientific research that would allow people (namely me) to eat sugar without health damage!

11. Patti O'Shea says:

This is most easy. I would have my house expanded out so that my great room and kitchen area is bigger. I only need about ten feet each direction. If there was still money left, I would have my entire yard professionally landscaped, new sod put in, and have someone arrange my flower gardens for optimum viewing from spring through fall. I would get my deck replaced–it needs to be bigger and completely maintenance free material–and I would get a couple of great big shade trees put in my yard.

Patti