Carolyn’s Holiday Extravaganza Continues With More!

OK. Here’s the winnings. Also, All these books are signed by the author!

Cover It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale

Lisa Dale’s It Happened One Night

Sometimes Love Finds You When You Least Expect It
Lana Biel has always wanted to shake the dust of Vermont off her feet and see the world, one exotic country after another. But when a lighthearted spring fling changes her life forever, she turns tot he one man whose strong shoulders can lighten any burden: her best friend, Eli Ward.
Eli has always been there for Lana– after all, that’s what best friends do. But Lana isn’t the only one hiding something. Eli is keeping secrets of his own that threaten their relationship. Yet as summer turns to fall, new desires awaken between them, even as old fears tear them apart. Then, when another Vermont winter fills the valleys with snow, Eli and Lana are given the chance for an adventure greater than they ever dreamed possible. . . and a love that will last for all time.

Evenings at the Argentine Club by Julia Amante

Victor and Jaqueline Torres imagined moving to the U.S. would bring happiness and prosperity-instead they found a world of frustration. While Victor put long hours into his restaurant business, Jaqui devoted her life to her daughters, until they grew up and moved on. Even their eldest, Victoria, is torn trying to reconcile being the perfect Argentine daughter and an independent American woman. Antonio and Lucia Orteli face the same realities, especially when their only son Eric leaves their close-knit Argentine community in pursuit of his own dreams. When Eric unexpectedly shows up at the Argentine Club-the heart of the Argentine community in southern California-he starts a series of events that will bring these two families closer than ever. New relationships are formed and old ones are put to the test, as everyone must learn how to balance different cultures-and different dreams-without hurting those they love.

Seduce Me by Robyn DeHart, Legend Hunters Series: Book One

Cover of Seduce My by Robyn DeHartFielding Grey is a treasure seeker with a taste for danger and experienced women. His latest mission: wrest Pandora’s fabled box from a notorious criminal mastermind. Not in the job description: save an innocent damsel in distress.

A bookish miss, Esme Worthington has favored dusty tomes over society balls, and thrilling tales over flirtations. But when two scoundrels break into her home, she is thrust into a real-life adventure. Pursued and suddenly possessing the forbidden box, Esme can’t resist peeking inside. Under the spell of Pandora’s seductive curse, she’s soon offering herself to Fielding – body and soul. With her reluctant rescuer determined to resist her charms, can the two outwit an enemy who will stop at nothing to seize their precious prize?

Spine-tingling adventure and sexy secrets! Robyn DeHart’s vibrant characters sweep the reader into a clever and sensual romp that is not to be missed.
— Julia London, NYT Bestselling Author of Highland Scandal

SEDUCE ME is a rousing and rollicking romantic adventure! If you like THE MUMMY and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, you’ll love SEDUCE ME. Robyn DeHart proves that falling in love is the greatest adventure of all.
— Teresa Medeiros, NYT Bestselling Author of Some Like it Wild

Find out More

A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore

What happens when a lady desires not one man, but two?
Cover of A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore
CAUGHT BETWEEN DUTY AND DESIRE…
Sophie, the Duchess of Calton, has finally moved on. After seven years mourning the loss of her husband, Garrett, at Waterloo, she has married his best friend and heir, Tristan. Sophie gives herself to him body and soul… until the day Garrett returns from the Continent, demanding his title, his lands-and his wife.
TORN BETWEEN TWO HUSBANDS…

Now Sophie must choose between her first love and her new love, knowing that no matter what, her choice will destroy one of the men she adores. Will it be Garrett, her childhood sweetheart, whose loss nearly destroyed her once already? Or will it be Tristan, beloved friend turned lover, who supported her through the last, dark years and introduced her to a passion she had never known? As her two husbands battle for her heart, Sophie finds herself immersed in a dangerous game-where the stakes are not only love… but life and death.

… one of the best historical romances I have read this year.
— Fallen Angels Reviews

… delivers almost too thoroughly on its heart-tearing premise.
— Publisher’s Weekly

…an up-and-coming new writer who displays a skillful touch…
— New York Times bestselling author Shirlee Busbee

…a unique plot filled with powerful emotion and complex issues.
–Romantic Times

How to Win All These Books!

Leave a comment with an answer to this question:

Do you ever cry at movies? If yes, what’s the most recent movie that got you teary-eyed? No worries if the answer is no.

I’ll choose a random winner on 12/24, okay?

Tags:

38 Responses to “Carolyn’s Holiday Extravaganza Continues With More!”

1. Sarah says:

Yes – I last cried at Corina Corina – it was on in the afternoon one Sunday.

2. Anonymous says:

I rarely cry at movies, but Mr Smith Goes To Washington for some reason always made me sniffle

3. Fiction Vixen says:

Yes I cry at movies, I just don't get to watch them as often as I'd like. Last movie I cried at was Time Travelers Wife. (I also cry when reading books) LOL

4. Angelique says:

I'm a notorious movie cryer…my friends and family all know it and I don't care (my Dad's actually the same!). The last movie I cried at was The Blind Side – EXCELLENT movie, in my opinion. Such a heart-warming movie, perfect for the holiday season.

5. Gina Bentley says:

You mean there are people who don't cry at movies? I cry over movies, Christmas commercials (Maxwell House anyone?), books, even parades make me cry… real life not so much.

Last movie that made me cry? I haven't actually seen the movie but the trailer for My Sisters Keeper had me, my mom and grandmother sobbing in the theater.

Some movies I only have to catch the end to cry (Brian's Song, Love Story).

6. Sewicked says:

I often cry at movies. Is it embarrassing that Santa Clause 2 made me cry? It wasn't a full on bawl, just a few tears. But they were there, leaking out of my eyes.

7. Sewicked says:

I often cry at movies. Is it embarrassing that I cried when I watched Santa Clause 2? It wasn't a full on bawl, but there were definitely a couple tears leaking.

8. Ann_a_reader says:

I must have but when or what movie, don't remember. Perhaps it was the Hallmark movie, A Dog named Christmas came close to tearing up. If you asked if a book I read brought a tear to my eye and when, that I could answer. Yesterday and Cara Colter's latest Harlequin Romance category, a Christmas themed book.

9. Book Junkie says:

Wow, good question. It was My Sister's Keeper. I actually left the room and my husband continued to watch. Our son has Kidney disease so it was hard to watch! I might have to go back and read the book though!

Brande

bjwaldron(at)gmail.com

10. Kait Nolan says:

I absolutely cry at movies. My husband totally makes fun of me for it. That being said, I can't remember the last one I cried at. We've been watching a lot of comedy lately.

11. Eva / TXBookjunkie says:

Sometimes. Not often though. I may tear up a little, but not actually cry. I don't recall a recent movie, but the one movie that I recall crying the most at is Titanic – the scenes while the liner was sinking: mother with her children, the old couple in bed, etc. And the music they played during the scene just kicked it up a notch.

12. Virna De Paul says:

Believe it or not, 2012 made me tear up just a hair, although I normally don't cry at movies. 😉

13. Joyce says:

Do Television shows count? The season opener for Grey's Anatomy had me bawling!

14. Amanda says:

I do sometimes cry at movies. I think the last movie I cried at was some chrismtas movie on lifetime!

15. Beleth says:

I usually dont cry when i watch movies… but the most recent movie i recall i cried was one of the versions of Jane Eyre, the end was soooo sad.

16. carolsnotebook says:

Yes, I cry at movies, but I can't remember the last one I cried at. You see, I try my hardest to avoid movies that I know are going to have me bawling.

carolsnotebook at yahoo dot com

17. MinnChica says:

I cry at everything… commercials included. The last movie I watched was Terminator 3, and yes I did cry during that too. 🙂

18. Sandra Schwab says:

I'm a big, big crier. "Little Women" was particularly embarrassing as I ended with bits of tissue all over me. The ending of "Dead Poets' Society" inevitably makes me cry, too.

The last time I got teary-eyed over a movie was last night when I watched Studio Ghibli's "Whisper of the Heart".

19. RKCharron says:

Hi:)
    I teared up at the beginning of UP during that beautiful vignette.
    *I be man. I no cry.*
    🙂
    Merry Christmas!
    xoxo

20. joder says:

It doesn't happen often, but I did get a bit misty-eyed at The Blind Side-a very heart warming movie.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

21. Devon Ellington says:

I do cry at movies.

Last time I cried while watching a movie was a few weeks ago, when I watched IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE for about the eighty-thousandth time. Still love it!

22. flchen1 says:

Yes, although I rarely go to movies. A memorable one was The Joy Luck Club–I went to see it with my family, and my brother sat slightly uncomfortable while my sister, mom, and I sniffed and sobbed. 😉

23. Barbara E. says:

Yes, I cry watching movies, and television shows too. I can't recall the last one I cried during, but there have been many.

24. jacabur2008 says:

I cry at movies in the Theatre and at home when watch them on DVD or VHS…
    Movies, commercials, movie trailers at theatre and on television. My family leave the room when I start because they feel maybe it might be catching!!!!
    Last movie saw that I cried at was this last Sunday December 13th when went to see "Avatar". I was very moved during scenes in the movie where things became tense for the main characters and cried with joy and anguish both so good movie for me…..

Merry Christmas and good luck to everyone!!!

Jackie B Central Texas

25. Robyn DeHart says:

I cry in movies ALL the time. It can actually deter me from seeing a movie in the theatre. I'm a big baby. 🙂

26. Peggy says:

Saw "Snoopy Come Home" recently. I remember crying when I saw this as a child many (many, many, many) years ago. I was sure I would now find it amusing and cute and nostalgic. Ended up crying again!

27. URLibrarian says:

I cry at movies all the time. Especially if dogs are involved.

28. iokijo says:

Yes, me too. I use to be able to control it somewhat, unless it was a movie I thought of as cathartic like Shindler's List. But time, hormones, and control change; so it's crying over most movies, books, tv, etc. It's been along time since I saw a movie in the theatre but I cried alot at Brokeback Mountain. [yes its been that long]. Now books? Sobbed over one this afternoon.

29. Alison says:

I'm afraid I do – but I can't remember the last one that made me weep. I do recall watching 'Lassie Come Home' aged about ten and tears stealing down my face. I feel very bad about it because when she saw me my mother said 'Do you want a cuddle' and I snapped 'No!' because I thought I was a baby to cry at a silly film. So, if you ever read this Mum, I do apologise!

30. Anonymous says:

I cry at almost every movie I watch -the most recent one was Roman Holiday, which I watched the other night before I fell asleep. It's so sweet and sad.
    baileythebookworm@gmail.com

31. Kali says:

I don't often cry at movies but I find myself doing it more and more these days. It can be very cathardic. The last movie I cried at was The Blind Side. Sandra Bullock just really got to me in that.

32. Angelwolfstorm says:

Yes I cry at movies, the last one I cried at was Mama Mia, when the daughter was getting ready for her wedding. It made me think of my girls.

33. Mitzi H. says:

I cry when I watch movies, but it's been so long since I watch a movie I can't remember a title. Heck, I even cry over Hallmark commercials.
    mitzihinkey at sbcglobal dot net
    Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

34. Linda says:

Yes i cry at movies, I just watched North & South and I cried quite a few time. It's one of my favorite movies.

35. Tracy Tabor tltmich@voyager.net says:

I don't watch many movies but I am watching White Christmas at the moment and it always makes me cry. "we'll follow the old man…" always gets me. The other movie I cry at and I just finished watching on TIVO is The Enchanted Cottage. I love that story. But heck, commercials make me cry. Buckets.

36. heaven says:

I only cry during movies when I'm watching it by myself. Otherwise, it's just embarrassing.

Happy holidays! 🙂

37. heaven says:

Pride & Prejudice. I just saw it again. Better every time.

38. Anonymous says:

I've been looking all over for this!

Thanks.