Catching Up

Okay, number one, I have a cold. Number two, I am still freaking revising. Number three, I read volume three of a trilogy and ACK @sonomalass DON’T LOOK. READ NO MORE.

Here’s a picture so you don’t have to see. @sonomalass. Have a great day! Or evening or whatever.

Random photo of this year's tulips so @SonomaLass can't see the Spoiler

If you are @sonomaLass DO NOT read any more. Spoilers!!!

That’s because she knows what book I mean.

The hero and heroine die.

What???!!!?? Never do this. Never ever write three 200,000 word books featuring your hero and heroine and then kill them.

Just don’t.

8 Responses to “Catching Up”

1. Maya M. says:

Holy rebellion against genre conventions, Batman.

I must know: what antho is this? I’m all fascinated now. Does it mean the author will resurrect them in paranormal fashion in the next book?

2. cjewel says:

Hmm. It wasn’t Romance, it was a fantasy trilogy that I LOVED like crazy all the way until the moment I realized things could not possibly turn out well for the hero and heroine. And I think I can’t even reveal the series because then you would read it, knowing, in advance, of the terrible outcome and it would ruin all the awesomeness of Books 1-2.5 Also, the trilogy is over. No more in the series. The author has moved on to other big things.

I need to think about that. I would hate to spoil it for others.

3. cjewel says:

Although it occurs to me that the real moment of horror was when the bad guys cut off the hero’s head. Then I knew there was no way to fix this for me.

4. Maya M. says:

Yes. I can see how decapitation could be a bit of a downer. For the hero, and others.

5. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Carolyn Jewel, Renee. Renee said: EXACTLY a reason to read romance. I love fantasy, but _this_ would make me insane. RT @cjewel Blog post… http://bit.ly/9VkO3U […]

6. SonomaLass says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

7. cjewel says:

omg. SonomaLass. You didn’t. You were supposed to stop at the tulips.

8. SonomaLass says:

I KNOW! I tried to stop, I really did. I have no one to blame but myself, and as punishment I will read the third book anyway.