Birthday Bash!

April 30th is my birthday. And I am celebrating with you-all. Here’s the birthday deal:

I will send you stuff that I pick out for you. Books, for sure, but other stuff too. Surprise stuff that will be a surprise. In order for me to birthday celebrate with you, in the comments make sure you answer the questions below. Despite the questions, I will not be sending anyone kittens, puppies or a vacation. Sorry. Also read the rules.

Questions

1. Your Favorite color?
2. Do you prefer kittens or puppies?
3. Best vacation spot: Paris or a remote village in Tibet?
4. Walk on the beach or glass of an exquisite wine?
5. How do you feel about gadgets?
6. Chocolate: Best thing ever or not? (excluding sex)
7. Coffee or tea?

The Rules

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Must be 18 to enter. My relatives cannot enter. I expect them to give me presents, not the other way around. You have to answer the 7 questions above, and you have to leave your comment by midnight Pacific May 4, 2014. Winner chosen at random. If you don’t reply to my You Won! notification within a week, I’ll chose an alternate winner.

International is OK, but that may limit the gift choices to things that will survive the various postal services.

Tags:

21 Responses to “Birthday Bash!”

1. Limecello says:

First of all, happy happy happy birthday Carolyn! I hope you have an awesomely fantastic day, that is stress free,e has lots of excellent chocolate, and cake, of course! πŸ˜€

This is a really cool idea πŸ™‚

For your questions…

1. Blue … or purple … :X Navy blue or pale blue? Not the usual “boy blue” – and a deep yet bright purple. O_o (I guess I gravitate toward cooler yet bold colors?)
    2. PUPPIES!!! <3 <3 <3
    3. I would definitely pick Paris over a remote spot in Tibet.
    4. 😐 Can't I have an exquisite glass of wine after a walk on the beach? ;P I think it would depend on the beach for me – rocky beach, not so much – nor cold wet dark beach. Freshwater beaches can be less bright/happy yet still awesome because – no saltwater burn!
    5. Loooooovvveeee gadgets. If I won the lottery I'd replace all my tech stuff. Or, I'd replace it whenever I felt necessary πŸ˜€
    6. I dunno that I'd say chocolate is "the best thing ever" but it's one of those "gotta have it" things sometimes. I still love vanilla and as a kid preferred it :X
    7. Tea … unless it's frou frou coffee πŸ˜€ or a frappuccino

Will you answer those questions? I'd love to see what you say πŸ™‚

2. Bettye McKee says:

1. Teal
    2. Kittens
    3. Paris
    4. Walk on the beach
    5. Love gadgets if I need them
    6. I like chocolate, but I would pass it up for shrimp creole
    7. I love coffee, and I like my tea iced

3. Amy says:

Happy birthday to you, Carolyn! Hope you have a wonderful day!! πŸ™‚

1. My favorite color is green.
    2. Kittens!!
    3. I would love to explore Paris and see all the history and sights. Tibet is too remote for me.
    4. I’m not a big drinker, so a beach stroll would be wonderful.
    5. I like gadgets, but I can do without certain ones for the most part. I’ve become more attached to my smarty pants phone than I thought I would.
    6. I do enjoy me some chocolate.
    7. Coffee with sugar and milk.

4. Robyn McCoy says:

Happy Birthday!
    1. My favorite color is blue.
    2. Kittens. πŸ™‚
    3. Paris
    4. Beach!! Not a drinker.
    5. I love gadgets but at times can dislike them. (It can be a love hate relationship.)
    6. Love chocolate.
    7. Tea

5. Jen says:

1. Your Favorite color? Green!
    2. Do you prefer kittens or puppies? Can I have both! Please! If I must choose, kittens…
    3. Best vacation spot: Paris or a remote village in Tibet? Bora Bora is my choice but I will say Paris.
    4. Walk on the beach or glass of an exquisite wine? Beach with wine.
    5. How do you feel about gadgets? They are ok.
    6. Chocolate: Best thing ever or not? (excluding sex)No.
    7. Coffee or tea? Coffee, wait tea, no coffee…

I can be indecisive.

6. QuilterPhyl says:

Happy birthday to you!! I hope you are having a wonderful day.

1. Green. And after our awful winter I need to see green.
    2. Tough one. I’ll go with puppies.
    3. Paris. However, there are days when a remote Tibetan village has a certain appeal.
    4. The beach. I like wine, but I suspect an exquisite glass of wine would be wasted on me. I don’t know enough to be discerning.
    5. If they’re quilting gadgets, I love them. Otherwise, meh.
    6. Not. Fabric…
    7. Truth is soda. But I’m trying to give that up. I went cold turkey 3 weeks ago.

7. Kaetrin says:

Happy birthday Carolyn!

Orange or Purple depending on my mood.
    Puppies
    Paris
    Beach
    Love gadgets. I’m an early adopter.
    Chocolate yes!
    Tea (green, plain, no jasmine, mint or other additions)

8. Nancie Ligon says:

Wow! Hope you enjoy your special day with all wonderful tings that make you happy!

1. Green
    2. Puppies
    3. Paris (or any other European city!)
    4. Beach (not a drinker, but would really prefer mountains)
    5. Kitchen gadgets are wonderful – but I’m electronically challenged, so keep those away)
    6. Chocolate – what else is there???
    7. Coffee……….

9. Growlycub says:

A very Happy Birthday to you! Health and happiness and lots of book sales so you can quit the day job.

1. Most days blue, but occasionally yellow (daffodils and narcissus in spring)
    2. Kittens
    3. Paris (well, London really with a side trip to Paris)
    4. Walk on the beach (I inherited my mother’s inability to process alcohol)
    5. Find them as useful as they are rage-inducing on occasion, but I miss having a cell already after only 1 day without.
    6. Oh, yes, except for the part where I have antibodies against it and it does terrible things to my skin. /sob In moderation, I survive. Good thing, too, because life without chocolate would not be worth living.
    7. Herbal tea; chamomile and rosehip especially with lots of honey and lemon

I echo Lime, please share your answers. πŸ™‚ Enjoy your day and I hope you get to eat some fun food not prepared by yourself.

10. Pat Amundson says:

1. Blue
    2. Kittens – have 3 of my own
    3. Paris – City of Love!!
    4. Walk on the beach
    5. Love them. Always want the latest one
    6. Yes! As much as I can get
    7. Tea

11. Sunny says:

Happy to celebrate your birthday with you!

1. Your Favorite color? Purple
    2. Do you prefer kittens or puppies? Puppies
    3. Best vacation spot: Paris or a remote village in Tibet? Paris, for the food
    4. Walk on the beach or glass of an exquisite wine? On the beach, more a cocktail kinda gal
    5. How do you feel about gadgets? Love them! Hate reading directions
    6. Chocolate: Best thing ever or not? (excluding sex) Dark chocolate.
    7. Coffee or tea? Coffee

12. Cecilia Rose says:

1. Green
    2. Kittens
    3. Tibet
    4. On the beach WITH a glass of wine
    5. Gadgets that help me get stuff done = awesome
    6. Not
    7. Coffee

13. Karenmc says:

May your day of birth celebration be free of DB problems and filled with tulips!

1. Blue
    2. Puppies; lots & lots of puppies
    3. Paris
    4. How about SITTING on the beach?
    5. I live for gadgets; it’s in my genetic code
    6. Yes
    7. Coffee

14. Readsalot81 says:

Happy Birthday Carolyn! lol@ the relatives comment.

Hmmm. Ok lets see:

1. Blue
    2. Kittens! (We adopted two female kitten siblings from a garage sale of all places)
    3. Paris – I want to see the Louvre!
    4. Walk on the beach! ( I don’t really drink that much)
    5. Gadgets hmmm. Well I’m kind of technically challenged. I buy stuff usually after it’s been out for several versions or 6. πŸ˜€
    6. YES
    7. I’ll drink tea before coffee – unless you put chocolate and other stuff in it – LOL

15. Lizzielvr says:

Hi Carolyn! Happy belated B-day!

1. All shades of RED
    2. kittens and puppies – there is no “or”
    3. Remote village in Tibet all the way
    4. Exquisite wine
    5. Love all kinds of gadgets!
    6. Chocolate is the Best thing ever (excluding sex)!
    7. Coffee πŸ˜›

Thanks Carolyn, enjoy your day!

16. Margaret says:

Happy Birthday to you!

1. Purple
    2. Kittens
    3. Paris, but only because I like flush toilets more than I hate crowds.
    4. Walking on the beach with a glass of exquisite wine, naturally.
    5. Gadgets are fun. πŸ™‚
    6. Chocolate, no contest.
    7. Love both coffee and tea.

πŸ™‚

17. Vicki says:

1. Grey (yes, really.)
    2. Kittens, although I love both.
    3. Paris.
    4. Walk on the beach.
    5. Love them. Early adopter here.
    6. Chocolate is great, but in the sweet/salty battle, I like salty.
    7. Tea. But I drink too much of both.

Happy Birthday! I love this idea, although the best present will be when the Sinclair sisters books are ready. Can’t wait!

18. Make Kay says:

happy happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. blue
    2. kittens
    3. Paris
    4. Walk on the beach! (can I do it WITH a glass of wine?)
    5. LOVE gadgets
    6. Chocolate: Best thing ever! Best when dark chocolate
    7. Coffee or tea? Neither!

19. Kim says:

Happy Birthday.

1. Blue
    2. Puppies
    3. Paris
    4. Walk on the beach
    5. Depends on whether or not they work
    6. Chocolate is the best thing ever. It always hits the spot.
    7. Neither

20. DawnD says:

Happy Birthday!

1. Fuchsia
    2. Puppies
    3. Paris, spelled, H-a-w-a-i-i, unless I have a gajillion dollars and I must choose one of the 2. Paris. Under duress.
    4. Wine please.
    5. Gadgets, yes. πŸ™‚
    6. Yes, chocolate is the best thing ever. White chocolate is not chocolate.
    7. Coffee

21. Chelsea B. says:

Happy (late, sorry!) birthday!! I hope you had the perfect day.

1. Your Favorite color?– Purple.
    2. Do you prefer kittens or puppies?– Kittens.
    3. Best vacation spot: Paris or a remote village in Tibet?– Paris.
    4. Walk on the beach or glass of an exquisite wine?– A walk on the beach.
    5. How do you feel about gadgets?– Love ’em.
    6. Chocolate: Best thing ever or not? (excluding sex)– BEST THING EVER.
    7. Coffee or tea?– Tea, ice tea πŸ˜‰